Monday, May 25, 2009

Uggggh, so sporadic my thoughts

Trying to write a blog hurts my head... Maybe I need some music to get my thoughts flowing. Did nothing all weekend, my friends canceled all three days... Played Twilight Princess, one of my favorite video games ever, next to Ocarina of Time. Anyway, I'm currently undergoing changes to my life: both mentally and physically. For one, this song I heard last night by Nickelback, "If Today Was Your Last Day." You always hear things like, "Never miss a chance to tell the one's you love how you feel..." and "It's never too late," or "Take the first step," but it never hit home until I saw the music video and heard the song. It's message reminds me that I can not take anything at all for granted. Sure, I'll never be as optimistic and cheerful as I want to be, but by being pessimistic and blocking out the world, you also block out oportunities to achieve more and make something better. I lived my whole life alone and afraid, and it took me 18 years to realize that there's more to life than I could ever had known. So I started a change, I take care of myself better so that in turn, I can take care of the things around me. I no longer am the pessimist; for so long I've wondered how to be optimistic and why I couldn't do it. I just had to stop doubting myself. The world sucks, that is a fact of life. But if you let it suck, you'll never really live. I've come to realize that once your find that light within yourself, it'll be hard to ever lose it. Everyone feels alone from time to time-- we may come to learn that life isn't like movies and television: people who you think got your back may not always be there for you. Before you can rely on others, you gotta be able to accept the fact that everyone has their own shit it deal with as well. No matter how well they hide it, everyone's got their own burden. But at the same time, if everyone didn't act so tough, we'd all be able to see how much in common we all have. If people weren't so reluctant to share their problems, we'd all be able to help each other and live in a more perfect harmony. Man, I'm just ranting and rambling. It feels good to get it off my chest though I guess. Maybe later, I'll be able to write a more organized blog that will make more sense than this one. Pardon the mess folks...

Until next time, Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. good post jason!!! fyi... you can rely on me! if you wanna talk or need help with anything... just let me know!!!!! :) i hope you know that i have your back... you're a cool.. great... kind.. and amazing friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with david! It was good! haha blogging may just be your thing! I'im always here for you, I hope you know that! I'm only a phone call away and you know you're always welcome in my home. Whether I'm living the HILife or in Wheat Feilds Galore Pullman! Love you! See you tomorrow!
    <3, kim

    ReplyDelete