Monday, December 19, 2011

Dungeon Crawler

It's been a while hasn't it? Inspiration to write struck this morning as I woke up with a new, somewhat ominous idea. It was that somewhere along the line I had lost a light inside me and found a darkness; but, along the way, I also found a truth. I began to ruminate on this, but it wasn't until I decided to take a shower that my thoughts really went flying. Now, I'd like to believe that for myself and possibly for many others, the shower is one place where the deepest and most meaningful conversations with your self really occurs. This was no exception. I started to compare this idea with my ideals on life. I always try to view life as one long adventure that we all somehow seem to forget about somewhere down the road. I imagine this new thought as part of my adventure, a quest if you will. I imagined myself down in a dungeon, akin to a LoZ game or just about any RPG. In this dungeon, I've been lost in a darkness, looking for the end, the treasure. I'd been down there so long in my search that I'd forgotten what the light of day was like. All I knew was darkness. I finally did find the end though, and discovered a truth about life, but more importantly about myself. I was now jst waking up from the darkness and remember what I was doing down there. I was finally going to leave it. But something struck me-- would I ever be able to leave, with the truth and my sanity intact? I'm afraid. I want to feel the light again. Be youthful, merry and happy. But I'm just afraid this newfound "treasure" would weigh me down, being another crutch on my journey. I suppose I will make it out of here. Because I need to. I need to go on with my journey and see where the rest of my life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment